The hospitality industry faces nowadays several challenges, from stiff competition, brand proliferation, high labour turnover, and high costs of acquisition of customers to shrinking loyalty of customers. With this in mind, the hospitality industry should focus on its core strength, service and hospitality, and train its employees to focus on delivering profitable service excellence. Service excellence must be applied in all front and back areas to ensure that the business not only fulfil its brand promise but also exceed customer expectations. Customers nowadays do not buy a product or service; instead, they are looking for an enhanced guest experience.
Therefore, service training is essential in nowadays times where customers are very demanding and knowledgeable about hospitality standards, specifically in terms of service delivery. It is no longer anymore sufficient to achieve only customer satisfaction, but to exceed customer expectations in order to deliver service excellence at a profit.
This training is designed for staff at a managerial and supervisory level to learn how to deliver profitable service at consistently high quality levels and up to the standards of the given brand, and to apply techniques to take care of customers and achieve the so-called WOW factor to exceed customer expectations.
What You’ll Learn
1. What is meant by Service and Service delivery? Service characteristics in the hotel industry. Service delivery, efficiency, effectiveness, and customer orientation.
2. What is Customer Experience, and how to achieve it? Differences between Customer Satisfaction and Experience. The concept of Loyalty, Customer Engagement and Reputation Management
- To understand the Principles of Services, and its Outcomes
3. Service and Communication. The rules of Communication; verbal vs. non-verbal Communication. Thinking from Customer Perspective
- Anticipating Customer Expectations and applying to practice
4. Service Excellence and the WOW factor; Aiming for profitable Guest Experience
- Understand the principles of Communication and how to apply into practice
- To understand the importance and relevance of achieving Customer Satisfaction and exceeding Customer Expectations
Who Should Attend
- Hospitality Industry professionals with interest/in need of further knowledge enhancement / qualification
- Hospitality staff at managerial and supervisory level
SITizens Learning Credits (SLC) - Eligible Course
SIT Alumni: Before registering for courses, please activate your SITizens Learning Credits
via the email sent by SIT Alumni Team, on behalf of SITLEARN Professional Development.
(only for SIT Alumni)
Certificate and Assessment
An SITLEARN Certificate of Participation will be issued to participants who:
• Attend 75% of the workshop.
• Undertake non-credit assessment (during course)
|26 Jul 2019 (Fri)
||Service and Service delivery, specifics of the Hospitality Industry
- Service Standards
- Effective, Efficient and Profitable Service (EEPS)
- Customer Orientation
Service and Communication
- Rules of Communication
- Verbal vs. non-verbal Communication
- Thinking from Customer Perspective
|SIT@Dover, 10 Dover Drive, Singapore 138683
|27 Jul 2019 (Sat)
||Customer Experience (CX)
- The concept of CX
- Customer Satisfaction & Customer Loyalty
- Customer Engagement and Reputation Management
- Customer Experience vs. Profit
Service Excellence practiced
- Customer Orientation – pro-active, profitable and with empathy
- Profitable Guest Experience – creating a Win-Win situation
- The WOW factor and optimizing Revenues
||After SF Series Funding
||After SF Mid-Career
|Singapore Citizen (Below 40) /
|Singapore Citizen (40 & above)
• All figures include GST. GST applies to individuals and Singapore-registered companies.
• You can opt for either SkillsFuture Funding or Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy. Both cannot be combined.
» Learn more about funding types available
Terms & Conditions:
SkillsFuture Course Funding
To be eligible for the 70% training grant awarded, applicants (and/or their sponsoring organisations where applicable) must:
1. Be a Singaporean Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident
2. Not receive any other funding from government sources in respect of the actual grant disbursed for the programme
SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy
To be eligible for the 90% enhanced subsidy awarded, applicants (and/or their sponsoring organisations where applicable) must:
1. Be a Singaporean Citizen
2. Be at least 40 years old
3. Not receive any other funding from government sources in respect of the actual grant disbursed for the programme
SIT reserves the right to collect the balance of the programme fees (i.e. the potential grant amount) directly from the applicants (and/or their sponsoring organisations where applicable) should the above requirements not be fulfilled.