The inception of Postgraduate Certificate in Data Engineering and Smart Factory (DESF) is motivated by the need for engineering companies to upgrade their workforce to enable their business to stay competitive amidst the exponential growth in robotic automation, information and communication technologies.
The 4 modules proposed in the Postgraduate Certificate in Data Engineering and Smart Factory (DESF) include topics in data engineering, operational excellence, AI, robotics and IoT technologies in the smart factory. These modules are jointly developed by the faculties in the Engineering Cluster and Infocomm Technology (ICT) Cluster.
What You’ll Learn
You will learn on topics in data engineering, operational excellence, AI, robotics and IoT technologies in the smart factory
More information can be found on the module page.
Who Should Attend
- Software Developers
- Professionals who have experience in programming and are interested to find out more about data engineering, applications of robotics, automation and IoT technologies in manufacturing industries
Candidates should possess a Bachelor degree in Engineering.
Candidates without a Bachelor degree in Engineering can be admitted on a case-by-case basis upon evaluation by the course director.
Certificate and Assessment
A Postgraduate Certificate in Data Engineering and Smart Factory by SIT will be awarded to candidates who pass all 4 modules (totalling 24 credits) with a CGPA of ≥ 2.5.
A Certificate of Attainment in Data Engineering and Smart Factory by SIT, will otherwise be issued to participants who:
- Attend 75% of the module, and
- Undertake passing of credit bearing assessment.
|Upcoming Information Session
|Postgraduate Cert in Data Engineering and Smart Factory
The SGUnited Skills (SGUS) programme is a 6 to 12-months full-time training programme designed to help unemployed Singaporeans/Permanent Residents to upskill and reskill themselves especially in these challenging times.
- You will receive a training allowance of $1200* per month for the duration of the programme while you continue on your job search
- Fees are heavily subsidised by SSG and can be offset from your SkillsFuture Credit.
- You have the flexibility to exit the programme once you have secured a job.
- You can tap on career advisory and employment assistance through various assistance platforms (i.e. Workforce Singapore, NTUC Career Centres and community networks etc) while pursuing this programme.
*Subject to SkillsFuture Singapore’s requirement to fulfil all the training commitments, which include minimum attendance requirements and the passing of assessments.(i.e. minimum 60 hours per month including lectures, project work etc).
In the event a course date falls on a public holiday, the trainer will make alternative arrangements in consultation with the students.
||Fees (Inclusive of GST)
|Singapore Citizen and Singapore Permanent Residents (For SGUS Programme)
Course Duration: 8 months