SIT offers practical skills-based Continuing Education and Training (CET) in advanced topics in Building Services Engineering that is designed to address industry needs to reskill, deepen skill, upskill and increase knowledge of industry professionals in building services engineering.
The CET courses are available in multiple independent modules, each of 6 ECTS credits. Candidates who pass any 4 modules (totalling 24 credits) with a CGPA of 2.5 or more will be awarded the Postgraduate Certificate in Building Services Engineering(PGCert BSE) by SIT. The PGCert BSE is also stackable for further qualification of Master of Engineering Technology in Sustainable Infrastructure Engineering (Building Services) .
What You’ll Learn
SIE6003 Construction Management using BIM
SIE6015 Project Management
- Interpret the role of integrated digital delivery (IDD) as a construction process m anagement strategy for improving productivity in construction.
- Generate BIM 4D construction planning schedule
- Appreciate technical and leadership skills needed to enhance productivity in construction industry.
- Work effectively in teams by demonstrating an awareness of the varying roles within a group, and the ability to choose the most appropriate role.
- Reflect upon the work of others, past and present, and relate their ideas to planning, coordination and control of construction process to form considered judgments about sustainable construction.
- Appreciate problem-solving skills
SIE6017 Indoor Environmental Quality Engineering
- Identify the elements of the project management life cycle
- Understand project management process groups
- Comprehend project integration, scope and stakeholder management
- Optimize results while managing schedule, cost and quality constraints
- Manage resource and communications
- Manage project risks
- Master the use of Microsoft Project Software in performing various project management planning and scheduling tasks
SIE6021 Structure Vibration and Control
- Interpret the relationship between and management of risk, hazard, and vulnerability of indoor environment occupants.
- Develop ability to conduct indoor environmental quality audit.
- Appreciate the technical and leadership skills needed to enhance the development of a healthy and energy efficient indoor environment.
- Work effectively in teams by demonstrating an awareness of the varying roles within a group, and
the ability to choose the most appropriate role during an indoor environmental quality audit.
- Reflect upon the work of others, past and present, and relate their ideas to planning, coordination, and control of building design, construction, and maintenance and operation process to form considered judgments about healthy and energy efficient indoor environment.
- Develop problem-solving skills.
- Comprehend basic terminology used in structure vibration and control systems.
- Analyse mathematical models and characteristics of control systems.
- Evaluate various performance and stability of feedback control systems.
- Use Bode plots, mathematical models, and frequency response techniques to calculate gain and phase margins and system bandwidth.
- Design proportional-integral-derivative (PID)- type controllers and appropriate compensators for control of vibrations in a realistic engineering structure
Who Should Attend
- FM Manager
- Team Lead/ Engineers in maintenance
- Consultants Facility Engineer/ Design Engineer (Mechanical)
- Healthy Building Manager Manager (Building Sustainability)
- Design Manager (Environmental Sustainability)
- Project manager
- Specialist in Facility Management Candidates should possess a Bachelor degree in Engineering.
Certificate and Assessment
A Postgraduate Certificate in Building Services Engineering by SIT, will be issued to participants who:
- Attend 75% of the module, and
- Undertake passing of credit bearing assessment.
Candidates who pass any 4 modules (totalling 24 credits) with a CGPA of 2.5 or more will be awarded the Postgraduate Certificate in Building Services Engineering by SIT.
The SGUnited Skills (SGUS) programme is a six to 12-months full-time training programme designed to help unemployed Singaporeans/Permanent Residents to upskill and reskill themselves especially in these challenging times.
- You will receive a training allowance of $1200* per month for the duration of the programme while you continue on your job search
- You will only need to pay SGD $500 as the course fees are heavily subsidised by SSG and can be offset from your SkillsFuture Credit.
- You have the flexibility to exit the programme once you have secured a job.
- You can tap on career advisory and employment assistance through various assistance platforms (i.e. Workforce Singapore, NTUC Career Centres and community networks etc) while pursuing this programme.
*Subject to SkillsFuture Singapore’s requirement to fulfil all the training commitments, which include minimum attendance requirements and the passing of assessments.(i.e. minimum 60 hours per month including lectures, project work etc).
In the event a course date falls on a public holiday, the trainer will make alternative arrangements in consultation with the students.
||Fees (Inclusive of GST)
|Singapore Citizen and Singapore Permanent Residents (For SGUS Programme)
Course Duration: 8 months