This module will emphasize on design and construction of structural steel members, safety issues, member stability, plastic analysis and overall frame stability.
This module will also provide students with fundamental approaches in designing steel-concrete composite buildings in accordance with EC4. Students will acquire knowledge and skills to perform structural design for composite beams, slabs, columns and joints.
What You’ll Learn
Stability and Plastic Analysis
- Perform stability analysis for compression members, plastic analysis for beams and frames, and buckling analysis for beams and beam-columns.
- Understand the fundamental design philosophies for steel-concrete composite structures.
- Know and be aware of the requirements of modern design codes for structural steel.
- Produce acceptable design for steel-concrete composite components under serviceability and ultimate limit states.
Who Should Attend
- Civil Engineers, Site Engineers, Field Engineers, Project Engineers
- Construction Managers
SITizens Learning Credits (SLC) - Eligible Course
This course is SITizens Learning Credits (SLC) eligible. Please refer to the user guide
how to register for courses utilising your SLC.
Find out more about SITizens Learning Credits (SLC)
Certificate and Assessment
A Certificate of Participation will be issued to participants who:
- Attend 75% of the course
- Undertake non-credit bearing assessment (during course)
A Certificate of Attainment for each module will be issued to participants who:
- Attend at least 75% of each respective module; and
- Participants who pass the Continuous Assessment and final examination with with a GPA of 2.5 or more.
- Candidate should possess a bachelor degree in Civil Engineering
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the prerequisite knowledge for the course?
Students should be familiar with basic design rules from Eurocodes.
- Is any software required for the software?
Any analysis software used will be provided as part of the course.
|Week (Mondays, 7pm to 10pm)
|1 & 2
||Steel Compression Members Design
|3 & 4
||Plastic Analysis of Beams and Frames
|5 & 6
||Lateral Buckling of Beams
|8 & 9
||Composite Beams Design
|10 & 11
||Composite Slabs Design
|12 & 13
||Composite Columns Design
In the event a course date falls on a public holiday, the trainer will make alternative arrangements in consultation with the students.
Course Fee: $3,482.85
SIT reserves the right to make changes to published course information, including dates, times, venues, fees and instructors without prior notice.