This workshop will introduce structured and group-based community programmes for older adults (e.g. Stepping On program, frailty management programme) and community-living stroke survivors (e.g. community reintegration after stroke program). These programmes have been specially tailored for the Singapore context.
Participants in this 3-day workshop will learn the key principles of effective group facilitation using an adult learning framework to promote positive behavioural changes in the target population.
What You’ll Learn
- Obtain the content knowledge of the intended-to-run programmes
- Learn key elements of the specific programme and resources needed to run the programme in a clinical setting
Planning and Implementation
- Facilitate group-based programme with specific client groups effectively
- Allocate necessary resources in preparation for setting up specific programmes
- Identify potential issues related to the planning and implementation of the specific programme
Who Should Attend
Occupational therapists, physiotherapists and other healthcare workers who are working with older adults and/or stroke population living in the community.
SITizens Learning Credits (SLC) - Eligible Course
This course is SITizens Learning Credits (SLC) eligible. Please refer to the user guide how to register for courses utilising your SLC.
Find out more about SITizens Learning Credits (SLC).
- Healthcare workers with relevant qualifications
- A minimum of 2 years working experience with older adults and/or stroke population
- Pre-reading is needed for online quiz (quiz will be administered at the end of Day 2)
Certificate and Assessment
A Certificate of Participation will be issued to participants who:
- Attend 75% of the workshop.
- Undertake non-credit bearing assessment (during course).
||SIT@Dover, 10 Dover Drive, Singapore 138683
||After SF Funding
|Singapore Citizen (Below 40) /
Singapore PR/ LTVP+ Holder
|Singapore Citizen (40 & above)
• All figures include GST. GST applies to individuals and Singapore-registered companies.
• You can opt for either SkillsFuture Funding or Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy. Both cannot be combined.
» Learn more about funding types available
Terms & Conditions:
To be eligible for the 70% training grant awarded, applicants (and/or their sponsoring organisations where applicable) must:
1. Be a Singaporean Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident or LTVP+ Holder
2. Not receive any other funding from government sources in respect of the actual grant disbursed for the programme
SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy
To be eligible for the 90% enhanced subsidy awarded, applicants (and/or their sponsoring organisations where applicable) must:
1. Be a Singaporean Citizen
2. Be at least 40 years old
3. Not receive any other funding from government sources in respect of the actual grant disbursed for the programme
SIT reserves the right to collect the balance of the programme fees (i.e. the potential grant amount) directly from the applicants (and/or their sponsoring organisations where applicable) should the above requirements not be fulfilled.
SIT reserves the right to make changes to published course information, including dates, times, venues, fees and instructors without prior notice.
What Past Participants Say
"This workshop has provided me a greater understanding on the necessary skills required to conduct a community programme as well as increasing my confidence on how to conduct one in the future.
" - Trecia Lim, Occupational Therapist, Bright Vision Hospital
"Great group facilitation, shows the theory coming to life and we all get to experience first-hand how to lend a group effectively.
" - Rebecca Lau, Physiotherapist Assistant, KH Poon Physiotherapy
"Through the course, I find myself reading up on not just journal articles provided, but also ensuring that my current practice is evidence-based and up to date. Dr Tim Xu showed openly and generously about the research methods, group facilitations and ensured our uninhibited participation. Thank you!
" - Joanne Lim, Occupational Therapist, St Luke's Eldercare Ltd