A civil engineer applying for registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) in Civil Engineering, besides having to hold an approved degree and qualification and relevant practical experience, is required by Professional Engineers Board (PEB) Singapore to sit and pass the Fundamentals Engineering Examination (FEE) and the Practice of Professional Engineering Examination (PPE).
The first step towards this professional qualification is to fulfil the FEE requirement. This introductory course will cover the topics stipulated for the Fundamentals of Engineering Examination (FEE) for Civil Engineering such as mechanics of materials, structural mechanics, strucural analysis, soil mechanics and geotechnical engineering, reinforced and prestressed concrete structures, steel and composite structures, fluid mechanics, hydraulics and hydrology.
What You’ll Learn
- CE101 Mechanics of Materials
- CE102 Structural Mechanics
- CE103 Structural Analysis
- CE104 Soil Mechanics
- CE105 Fluid Mechanics
- CE201 Reinforced and Prestressed Concrete Structures
- CE202 Steel and Composite Structures
- CE203 Geotechnical Engineering
- CE205 Hydraulics and Hydrology
Click here to view the detailed learning outcomes.
Who Should Attend
- SIT Civil Engineering graduates allowed to take the SIT FEE Exam
SITizens Learning Credits (SLC) - Eligible Course
This course is SITizens Learning Credits (SLC) eligible. Please refer to the user guide
how to register for courses utilising your SLC.
Find out more about SITizens Learning Credits (SLC)
Note: As of 30 March 2022, due to SkillsFuture’s policy changes on indirect discounts, only SIT alumni who are conferred with a bachelor's degree between 2012 to 2021 are eligible for the SITizens Learning Credits scheme.
Certificate and Assessment
A Certificate of Participation will be issued to participants who:
- Attend at least 75% of the course, and
- Undertake non-credit bearing assessment during course
|1 - 3
||25, 26 & 27 Oct
||CE101 Mechanics of Materials
CE102 Structural Mechanics
CE103 Structural Analysis
|4 - 6
||31 Oct, 1 & 3 Nov
||CE201 Reinforced and Prestressed Concrete Structures
CE202 Steel and Composite Structure
|7 - 8
||8 & 9 Nov
||CE104 Soil Mechanics
|9 - 10
||10 & 14 Nov
||CE203 Geotechnical Engineering
||CE105 Fluid Mechanics
CE205 Hydraulics and Hydrology
||SIT FEE Exam (Not SkillsFuture funded, to register in a separate link)
||After SF Funding
|Singapore Citizen (Below 40) /
Singapore PR / LTVP+ Holder
|Singapore Citizen (40 & above)
• All figures include GST. GST applies to individuals and Singapore-registered companies.
• You can opt for either SkillsFuture Funding or Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy. Both cannot be combined.
» Learn more about funding types available
Terms & Conditions:
SkillsFuture Course Funding
To be eligible for the 70% training grant awarded, applicants (and/or their sponsoring organisations where applicable) must:
1. Be a Singaporean Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident or LTVP+ Holder
2. Not receive any other funding from government sources in respect of the actual grant disbursed for the programme
SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy
To be eligible for the 90% enhanced subsidy awarded, applicants (and/or their sponsoring organisations where applicable) must:
1. Be a Singaporean Citizen
2. Be at least 40 years old
3. Not receive any other funding from government sources in respect of the actual grant disbursed for the programme
SIT reserves the right to collect the balance of the programme fees (i.e. the potential grant amount) directly from the applicants (and/or their sponsoring organisations where applicable) should the above requirements not be fulfilled.
SIT reserves the right to make changes to published course information, including dates, times, venues, fees and instructors without prior notice.