Information Session on Modular Certification Courses - Sonography & Elder Health and Rehabilitation
Date: 25 Feb 2020
Time: 6:30 - 7:50 pm
Venue: Online Interactive Webinar
SIT offers stackable modular certification courses in Sonography with clinical focus to deepen and broaden the skills of healthcare professionals to apply scientific learning, specialist knowledge and advanced practical skills on the clinical applications of ultrasound specialisation. This is in response to Singapore’s efforts in building a future-ready healthcare workforce for an ageing population facing chronic diseases that need good and accurate diagnosis.
Arising from this, there is increased demand for postgraduate education and training with clinical focus in postgraduate sonography. These modular certification courses are available as independent modules, each carrying 6 credits which can be stacked towards qualifications in Postgraduate Certificate and Diploma in sonography.
MODULAR CERTIFICATION COURSES - SONOGRAPHY
These modules can be taken as an individual module as:
- Individual modules(each with 6 credits), or
- Stackable towards a Postgraduate Certificate in Sonography, or
- Stackable towards a Postgraduate Diploma in Sonography
Postgraduate Certificate in SONOGRAPHY
Each module carries 6 credits which are stackable for Postgraduate Certificate in Sonography. Candidates who pass any of the 4 modules (inclusive of 2 core modules, DRG6101
), totalling 24 credits, with a CGPA of ≥ 2.5 to be completed within a 3
year period will be awarded the Postgraduate Certificate in Sonography by SIT.
Postgraduate Diploma in SONOGRAPHY
Each module carries 6 credits which are stackable for Postgraduate Diploma in Sonography. Candidates who pass any of the 8 modules (inclusive of 3 core modules DRG6101
), totalling 48 credits, with a CGPA of ≥ 2.5 to be completed within a 5
year period will be awarded the Postgraduate Diploma in Sonography by SIT.
SkillsFuture funding applies to modules stacking up to a Postgraduate (PG) Certificate. Modules taken beyond PG Certificate stacking to a PG Diploma will not be eligible for funding.
ASSESSMENT AND CERTIFICATE
A Certificate of Participation will be issued to participants who:
- Attend 75% of the module, and
- Undertake credit bearing assessment.
A Certificate of Attainment will be issued to participants who:
- Attend 75% of the module, and
- Participants who pass the Assessment criteria of the respective module will earn 6 credits, which are stackable for Postgraduate Certificate and Postgraduate Diploma qualifications.
- Candidates who pass 4 modules (totalling 24 credits) with a CGPA of 2.5 or more will be awarded the Postgraduate Certificate in Sonography by Singapore Institute of Technology.
- Candidates who pass 8 modules (totalling 48 credits) with a CGPA of 2.5 or more will be awarded the Postgraduate Diploma in Sonography by Singapore Institute of Technology.
- Part-time Postgraduate Certificate in Sonography: 1 - 3 years
- Part-time Postgraduate Diploma in Sonography: 1 - 5 years
- Each module is around 12-14 weeks in duration
- Candidates are expected to set aside time for self-directed learning for the entire duration of the module
More questions? You may refer to our FAQ here