The SGUnited Skills programme (SGUS)
is a 6 to 12 month full-time training programme that equips trainees with industry-relevant skills to improve their employability. Trainees will
also be able to apply what they have learnt from workplace immersions and industry projects.
Training programmes available under the SGUS programme:
For the programmes starting from Sep 2020, please indicate your interest and register by 10 Aug 2020.
The SGUS programme will be rolled out progressively from July 2020. More details will be announced soon.
WHO CAN APPLY
All Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents aged 21 and above who are seeking employment are eligible for the programme; excluding:
a) Those who have graduated or are graduating in Calendar Year (CY) 2019 / 2020 from ITE, Polytechnics, Universities, and other educational institutions. This includes graduates from private universities as well as overseas institutions; and
b) Those meeting the criteria above and have completed/completing their National Service (NS) in CY 2019 / 2020 and entering the labour force.
More information on eligibility
BENEFITS FOR TRAINEES*
- Monthly training allowance of $1,200 from SkillsFuture Singapore for the duration of the programme.
- Highly subsidised course fees
- SkillsFuture Credits can be used to offset course fees. Individuals aged 40 to 60 can utilise their additional Skillsfuture Credit of $500 under SkillsFuture Mid-Career Support Package for SGUS
- Flexibility to leave the programme should trainees gain employement before the end of the programme.
BENEFITS FOR COMPANIES*
- Employers who hire SGUnited Skills programme trainees aged below 40 can receive 20% salary support for 6 months (capped at $6,000 in total)
- Employers who hire SGUnited Skills programme trainees aged 40 and above can receive 40% salary support for 6 months (capped at $12,000 in total).
FAQ / Queries
More questions? You may refer to the FAQ on the SGUnited Skills.
If you are a company interested to participate in the SGUS programme, or a trainee interested to enroll in our programmes, please indicate your interest.
*Information is accurate at the date of posting (16 July 2020).
SIT reserves the right to make changes to published course information, including dates, times, venues, fees and instructors without prior notice.